Wednesday, December 16, 2009

AADP Bone Marrow Drive & Benefit Book Signing

I've been in the bone marrow registry for over 20 years when my coworker at Tandem Computers was diagnosed with leukemia. A few years after being registered, I was an initial match for someone. Unfortunately, I wasn't a perfect match but I find it awesome that you can save another person's life with a fairly simple procedure.

The Asian American Donor Program recruits people for the registry and they are having a registration drive:

Date: Saturday, Dec. 19, 2009
Time: 10:30 to 3 pm
Place: Cupertino Library, 10800 Torre Drive

You can also help AADP in another way...Yes, you heard it here first. They are having a benefit book signing with three local authors, Dr. Lam Do, whose son received a life-saving bone marrow transfer from a Seattle policeman, Linyao Wu, and myself.

Pick up a holiday present, save a life, all in one trip.

I'll be signing copies of "Almond Cookies and Dragon Well Tea," "Amelia to Zora: 26 Women Who Changed the World," and "Akira to Zoltan: 26 Men Who Changed the World."

No comments:

Post a Comment